New Kitchen Trends
Kitchens are one of the most important rooms in a house.
Many families make the kitchen the heart of their homes. It's where family and friends gather, stories are told, meals are shared and memories are made. Is it any wonder that it's one of the most popular rooms in the house for a remodeling or renovation project? If you're looking for ideas for kitchen renovations to change the look of this important space or even completely revamp the room, suggestions abound. The internet is full of kitchen trends for the year, the resurgence of traditional design ideas, as well as new ways to use your kitchen. While all of this kitchen decor information is helpful, it can also be pretty overwhelming. To help you select from the many popular kitchen trends of the season, you must first identify what you want to do with your kitchen.
What type of kitchen renovation are you planning?
Are you looking to replace, refurbish or redecorate? Is this a complete overhaul or are you more interested in making some smaller changes that add to the beauty and function of your kitchen?
This is the most extensive option and is limited only by your budget and imagination. You can make some pretty big changes when you go this route. Consider some of these popular trends.
• Install an island.
• Create a small home office or work area with a docking station.
• Design a more open floor plan.
Refurbishing your kitchen may involve brightening a few pieces or making improvements to the whole area. Paint, flooring, and cabinetry are good areas of focus with these projects.
• Update your appliances. Refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom are preferred by many and cooktop and wall oven combos are replacing free-standing stoves.
• Replace your old outdated linoleum or tile with something brighter and more durable.
• Change out your countertops for a whole new look.
The least invasive of these home renovation projects is redecorating. But this approach can still make a big impact.
• Replace your traditional kitchen table with a tall gathering table or pub tables and chairs.
• Invest in some timely multi-purpose storage options to declutter your kitchen.
• Consider a new paint job using color blocking for a dramatic change.
Regardless of how extensive your renovation project is, with the application of a few innovative ideas for kitchen redecoration and remodeling, this project can bring you and your family beauty and joy in the heart of you home for years to come.